Saturday, December 24, 2011

Great advice

I love today's blog from Seth Godin. Below.  Being in the arts for a while will teach you to just keep going through the roadblocks.  Keep going or pick and roll right around them and improvise a new path as you go.  


My motto has always been,  "The worst they can say is 'no'" .  Then if they do, whew, they just disqualified themselves from being a part of whatever fun thing we are doing.  And I can concentrate on the few "sneezers" (viral marketing) that will spread our message. 


 I was recently advised to "buy email lists".   But gang, here is where new marketing comes in.  I am "spam" to those email lists. They don't know or care about us.  I will be gathering emails, at our events, at our networking.  If I have 300 folks as opposed to 3000 that is ok.  That is 300 folks who said they wanted to hear from me and will support what we are doing.  No wasted effort there.  


But that kind of talk sometimes garners you odd looks from the old standby's.  See blog below.  :)  


Unexpected turbulence

Is there really any other kind?
If we see turbulence coming, we tend to avoid it. The art is in knowing that turbulence might come and looking forward to it, bracing for it and embracing it at the same time.
If your plan will only succeed if there is no turbulence at any time, it's probably not a very good plan (either that or you're not going anywhere interesting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment