Sunday, March 6, 2011

POKE THE BOX workbook

As I share this journey with you I need to pass on the tools that are helping me and perhaps they will apply to projects you are working on as well.

I am loving working through this Seth Godin workbook that is a free pdf and a companion to his new book.
http://www.thedominoproject.com/2011/03/poke-the-box-the-workbook.html

It helps to get you started.  With anything.  Quick read with good ideas and questions posed. He addresses "language" and how to take chances.

Peppered in the document are phrases like:

"What would our world look like if more people started projects, made a ruckus and took risks". Seth Godin

And:

"The job isn't to catch up to the status quo; the job is to invent the status quo."  Seth Godin

And one particularly high on my list right now:

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any.".  Alice Walker

And I love this one too:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit".  Aristotle.

There are many more, but that should get you going. 

Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment